Thursday 16 April 2015

Proposal

For my FMP I will be creating a programme for Burton Albion. This will also work with my printed book project as a lot of those photos were from Burton Albion this will prove to be a great opportunity to use my images from the numerous games that I have been to. When it comes to using photos from old shoots I plan to use photos from these shoots that I didn’t use in my book project to allow new photos from those shoots to be viewed.
 I will also have the chance to go back to the final home game of the season to get more photos. My end point for this project will be to create a professional looking programme detailing Burton Albion, my programme will not necessarily be in the current style of the clubs programmes but the plan is to design to look similar to how most programmes look.
When it comes to research I will not only be looking at modern Burton Albion programmes I will be looking at a variety of different programmes from different clubs and different eras this I believe will give me plenty of ideas on how to design my programme. I will also be looking into a wide range of different football photographers different to those I have looked at before. By looking at these photographers it will allow me know what is the correct way to lay out my programme and what sort of photographs would be considered good enough to get into a programme and what I should be looking out for when taking my photos.
When it comes to the required equipment this will need to be the sort of camera that is capable of not only a high shutter speed to capture the fast flowing action of the football but also would need to take a high quality image for this I will be requiring either a Canon 5D Mark III, which I do have or a Canon 1DX which I have borrowed from college before so getting a hold of this equipment will be no problem. All of my shoots will be done out on location and with just one shoot possible I will manage my time around making sure that I get the editing aspect and choosing the images early on instead of waiting until the end, this is so I can do all the written work and set up a plan of how I am going to set this out early in the project. The vital part is making sure I have the programme all set out on a template and ready to make quite early on within the first four or five weeks of the project.
The way I will be choosing my images is I will compare them to other football images I have taken I will look at the quality of the images whether it is focused on the correct players and make sure that the background is not too distracting I will try and edit the images if there are any minor problems that can be easily fixed like tilting the image or brightening it up a bit.
I will consider my work a success if I feel that my photos are on the same level as those in official club programmes and others that professional football photographers take. When it comes to the actual programme I will consider this a success if it looks a professional standard I will be comparing this to official programmes it will need to be the correct colours that are normally used in most professional programmes.

Week by Week Plan
Week 1 (13 April) - Complete proposal and introduction, begin research, have at least two done by this point
Week 2 (20 April) - Continue with research, plan weekend shoot, have around 4-5 research artists done. First shoot
Week 3 (27 April) - Begin choosing photos to use in programme, continue research at least 8 done by end of week
Week 4 (4 May) - Edit any photos that need editing, complete research. Begin creating programme
Week 5 (11 May) - Make sure images are selected and final images are edited
Week 6 (18 May) - Review week
Week 7 (25 May) - HALF TERM; continue with work
Week 8 (1 June) - Critique
Week 9 (8 June) - Complete final piece(s) by end of the week
Week 10 (15 June) - End of year show

Week 11 (22 June) - Ensure everything is completed by the end of the week

No comments:

Post a Comment